Dream Challenges, previously known as Action Events, was founded in 1998. With over two decades of experience, we have established ourselves as leaders in creating fully supported, safe, and life-changing trekking and cycling challenges in the UK and around the world.
Our mission is to provide participants with unforgettable experiences that push their limits, inspire personal growth, and contribute to a greater cause. We believe in the transformative power of adventure and strive to create unique opportunities for individuals to overcome challenges, achieve their goals, and make a positive impact on themselves and the world.
We take care of every element of your challenge giving you the best chance to succeed. It doesn’t matter how quick you do it, or how much support you do or don’t need, what is important to us is getting you to the end of your personal journey.
Why Dream Challenges?
- We support you from sign up to celebration — We provide full event management and support. The Dream Team is on hand from the moment you sign up for your challenge to provide any help you may need and answer any questions. We send all our participants regular updates with important info, advice and resources in the lead-up to your challenge. This support includes a training plan, assistance with insurance and visas, a kit list, fundraising ideas for every season and more.
- Unbeatable camaraderie — Our Dream Challenges are known for their camaraderie, so whether you sign up solo or with your team, you’re all but guaranteed to make amazing new friends on whichever adventure you chose
- We are always on-hand — On top of the brilliant support staff who’ll accompany you on the event, you’ll have assistance from our Dream Team at the office in the lead-up, throughout and after the challenge.
- Safety first — Safety is at the core of everything we do. All of your transport and accommodation is carefully audited by health and safety specialists to ensure your safety and enjoyment — no corners are ever cut!
- Expertly crafted routes — Your route is planned for enjoyment, to challenge you, but also to keep you safe. Whether trekking, cycling, paddling or snowshoeing, your path has been recced and risk assessed by experts in our field.
- First aid is not a one size fits all — All staff that work on a Dream Challenge are qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Remote Outdoor First Aid, so they are able to give possibly life-saving assistance, should it be needed, in difficult environments.
- All geared up — Our challenge kit has everything we are going to need on the adventure. It includes safety-checked quality bicycles and spare parts, satellite communication equipment and a fully comprehensive expedition medical pack.
- Always happy to help — If you still have questions, one of our challenge experts is just a phone call or email away, and they know everything!
- Training is key — The more you train, the more you’ll enjoy the challenge. We provide you with a 6-month training plan specific to the type of activity you will be doing on your adventure.
- Our culture is like no other — We know that everyone on our challenges is there for their own reasons. At Dream Challenges, we create a platform for you to find your inner hero. There are no timing chips and no prizes for first place. We all finish together!
- Friendships that last a lifetime — There will be plenty of opportunities to e-meet fellow challengers through our social media community and in a whatsapp groups specific to your challenge. Swap kit and training ideas and keep your motivation going. We will post tips along the way. It’s all optional, but participants find this really takes some of the worries out of travelling and can lead to making friends for life. We often see participants sign up for their next Dream Challenge together!
Igniting the Dream: Transforming Challenges into Adventures!
Embarking on a journey fuelled by our unwavering passion for over two decades, we have amassed a treasure trove of knowledge and worldly experiences that will leave you in awe! Through nurturing deep-rooted connections with our partners both near and far, we have crafted a tapestry of collaborative excellence. Together, we strive relentlessly to transform challenges into triumphs, ensuring your safety and making every moment an unforgettable highlight of your life.
- We always have an amazing support team, including a DC leader, local guides and experts, and support staff.
- Every challenge has fantastic medical support with outdoor remote first-aid trained challenge staff.
- We support you with all your challenge preparation and provide you with a training plan, insurance and visa guidance and more.
- Every Dream Challenge is made for making friends with a private Facebook group for all participants and incredible camaraderie.
- We include authentic cultural experiences and special extras to make the most of your Dream destination.
Are you ready to awaken the adventurer within? Join us as we infuse your dreams with the very essence of challenge, transforming them into captivating and exhilarating adventures that will forever ignite your spirit. Together, let us unlock the extraordinary possibilities that lie beyond the realm of imagination.
Setting you up for success
We provide full event management and support. The Dream Team is on hand from the moment you sign up for the challenge to provide any help you may need and answer any questions. We send all our participants regular updates with important info, advice and resources in the lead-up to your challenge.
- Kit List
It can be confusing packing for adventures that you’ve never done anything like. We set you up for success with a full kit list
- Achievable training plan
As soon as you sign up, we send you an achievable training plan for your challenge, which builds up week by week until it’s time to conquer the real thing!
- Fundraising ideas for every season
With simple fundraising ideas for Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, we’ll help you discover the fun in fundraising.
On the Adventure
- First aid support
We have outdoor remote first-aid trained challenge guides accompanying you the whole time on all our challenges.
- Expertly crafted routes
Our safety-assessed, expertly planned challenge programmes take you to iconic sites and also right off the tourist trail into remote villages and protected habitats. We also include more time to acclimatise to climates you’re not used to plus free days to explore some of the amazing sites and cities.
- Amazing local challenge leaders
We pride ourselves on working only with local challenge leaders with proven expertise and experience and who share our commitment to responsible tourism and respect for the local environment. What’s more, they’re all awesome people with friendly, helpful and inspiring personalities.
- Unbeatable camaraderie
Dream Challenges is renowned for the camaraderie and community spirit you experience on all our challenges. Whether you sign up solo, with your partner, friend or family member, you’re all but guaranteed to make a group of amazing new friends you otherwise would never have met. You can even get chatting to your fellow participants before the adventure in the private Facebook we set up for everyone registered on your challenge, plus a private whatsapp group.
- Luggage transportation and/or porters throughout your challenge
All you’ll need to carry is a day bag with things like your water bottle and camera. Everything else will be transported or ported securely to each night’s accommodation.
Dream experience of your challenge destination
- Incredible insight into the local cultures
Prepare to become fully immersed in your Dream Challenge destination staying overnight in a mix of local hotels, homestays, traditional guesthouses, jungle camps and even monasteries.
- Special extras included in your challenge costs
These range from challenge to challenge with visits to invaluable animal sanctuaries, local schools and World Heritage Sites, as well as tasting sessions at tea plantations and guided meditation in the mountains.
Giving back to the beautiful planet
We’re dedicated to practicing responsible tourism and we design our itineraries to give back to the places we visit.
- We make certain the animal sanctuaries we visit are legitimate and prioritise
the animals’ wellbeing and happiness. These animal sanctuaries also profit from our visiting fees (included in the challenge costs), so they have more funds for their life-saving work.
- We employ challenge leaders, porters, tour guides and support team-members local to our challenge destinations.
- We work with our destination partners to reduce the impact of your challenge on the local and global environment.
- We choose comfortable, local accommodation, including homestays, hotels, guest houses, camps and tea houses to support local businesses and people.
- We arrange to visit and partner with local charities, including Classrooms in the Clouds in the Himalayas, which our mountain leader helped set up, Singing Gorilla Projects in Uganda, founded by one of our inspired past participants and the Faraja Cancer Support Trust in Kenya.
- We choose partners with policies that protect people and animals from exploitation and that invest in people and equality.
At the finish line
- Special celebration meal
At the end of your challenge, we toast your achievement over a fantastic, three-course celebration meal at a hand-picked local restaurant.
- Challenge medal and t-shirt
We give our overseas participants a Dream Challenges t-shirt at the start of your adventure and present you with a beautiful, bespoke medal when you cross the finish line!
- Awesome optional extensions and excursions
On many of our Dream Challenges, we offer you the chance to enjoy fantastic optional excursions and extensions arranged by our trusted local experts, including boat rides and safaris, guided tours of nearby sites and even a few days staying on a paradise island!