Hike the Himalayas in Nepal
Trek through the mesmerising Himalayas and immerse yourself in the local culture of Nepal on one of our all-time favourite treks.
Starting outside the serene city of Pokhara, we’ll follow rivers in mountain valleys and climb through forests bright with rhododendrons. The panoramas of lush vegetation and snow-capped peaks are more than worth the challenging ascents!
We'll reach the highest point of our trek, Poon Hill (3,210m), by torchlight for an unforgettable experience watching the sun rise over the surrounding peaks.
Staying in local guest houses by night and guided by our fantastic trekking leader, who grew up in the Himalayas, this challenge will give you incredible insight into the Nepalese culture.
We’ll pass through communities, chat with villagers and finish with a free day to explore Kathmandu - the perfect end after an epic climb!
The best part about this trek is that it’s all in aid of the charity of your choice!
Distances are moderate but there are some challenging elevations. You will reach a maximum of 2,987 m above sea level. The threshold for altitude sickness is usually considered 3,000 m. For comparison, Mt. Kili summit is 5,895 m above sea level. Terrain will be varied but moderate as will temperatures, which are cool on some days but the trek will keep you warm!
registration fee (payable today)£87.25
What to Expect
- Visit Nepal's capital Kathmandu.
- Trek for 5 days through mountain valleys, following rivers, rhododendron forests, and snow-capped peaks.
- Conquer challenge ascents with a max. altitude of 3,210 m.
- Absorb the backdrop of the Himalayas and possibly even catch a glimpse of Everest herself.
- Stay with local people in homesteads experiencing their way of life.