Cycle through the wildlife-packed Western Ghats, the spicy Cardamom Country and the beautiful backwaters of Kerala to the Mirari Beach.
Setting off from Kochi, we’ll tackle tough climbs through Munnar’s misty coffee and tea plantations, to the top of the Kannan Devan Hills in the Western Ghats.
The breath-taking panoramas and ample wildlife spotting opportunities are well worth the climb.
The Western Ghats is renowned for its vast biodiversity, home to thousands of plants and hundreds of animals, including 325 endangered species. We’ll keep our eyes peeled every pedal of the way. If we’re lucky, we may spot leopards, elephants and nearly fifty different types of butterfly!
We spice up our cycle as we skirt Periyar National Park through the cardamom-growing Idukki Region.
Then it’s one last stretch across the palm-lined lagoons, islands and canals of the backwaters. We’ll get awesome insight into the coconut catching and coir communities, before reaching a paradise finish at Marari Beach.
Although beautiful, this is far from a relaxing getaway. Our cycle will leave you with aching legs, unforgettable experiences and a bunch of new friends.
registration fee (payable today)£87.25
What to Expect
- Cycle 361 km over 5 active days in the jungles of southern India.
- Tackle tough climbs and enjoy the relief of gentler down hill cycling days.
- Absorb the backdrop of tea and coffee plantations, Periyar National Park, and islands and canals of the backwaters.
- Finish on the beautiful paradise Marari Beach.
- Extend your stay with 2 nights aboard your own house boat.