Cycle Costa Rica
Cycle coast to coast across Costa Rica on our roller coaster of a charity bike ride from the Caribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean. We'll tackle mighty climbs through tropical rainforests and exotic fruit farms, and enjoy breathtaking descents, with chances to visit vibrant towns and villages far off the tourist track.
Taking on a tough 350km cycling challenge has never been more fun as we spot sloths, tiny green tree frogs, parrots, monkeys and more while pushing ourselves to the peak. We'll cycle past two extraordinary volcanoes and finish our bike ride at Playa Hermosa. This dazzling beach on the Pacific Coast makes the perfect place to celebrate our awesome achievement for charity, with lapping turquoise shores and soft, white sand to soothe our feet.
Distances are testing and we will be cycling for 6 days from East to West Coast. Elevation gains on some days will be tough as ascend and bank volcanoes. Altitude remains moderate though throughout. These are paired with some steep descents but also pleasant gradual descents in the last couple of cycling days. The environment will be jungle in the East with high temperatures and high humidity. As we head for the West, humidity drops but temperatures remain hot. The terrain is moderate with most cycling on tarmac, but you will encounter wooden paths, grass, and some loose tracks.
registration fee (payable today)£99.75
What to Expect
- Dip your tyres in the water of the East coast on the Carribean Sea, and then the West coast on the Pacific Ocean.
- Take on 350 km over varried terrain and with challenging elevations.
- See unique wildlife, volcanoes, lakes, jungle, banana plantations, and beaches.
- Relax in the natural volcanic hot springs.
- Extend your stay on the beach in Playa Hermosa.